The College of Applied Medical Sciences (CAMS), since its foundation in 1396 AH, has contributed in the qualification of cadres in the disciplines of allied medical professionals to meet the needs of the health services' market of Saudi society. In line with the strategic direction of the King Saud University (KSU) towards global leadership and excellence in building a knowledge society, CAMS prepared its strategic plan, which aims to update its vision, mission and values, and to provide a "road map" for the future of the college over the next five years (1432 - 1436 H).
The Strategic plan preparation included three stages: (1) the stage of preparing the initial draft, (2) revise the initial draft stage after analyzing the feedback from key stakeholders, (3) the stage of documentation and the adoption of the plan. The formulation and updating of the vision, mission and values of the college was achieved by participation of stakeholders, through workshops and distribution of questionnaires. The plan team collected data and information needed to analyze the internal and external environments (SWOT) by using surveys, questionnaires, focus groups and interviews.
Vision, Mission and Values
The vision, mission and values of CAMS have been formulated and updated in light of the new vision, mission and values of KSU through the following steps:
- Developing a preliminary version in accordance with the good practices for the vision and mission specified by the National Commission for Assessment and Academic Accreditation.
- Presentation of the preliminary version to key partners, and receiving their feedback through workshops, personal interviews and questionnaires.
- Preparation of a pre-final draft and presentation to key partners to get their views and suggestions, reviewed by the specialized arbitrators.
- Preparation of the final version and its adoption by the Quality Council, and later by the CAMS Council at its fourth meeting on 02/02/1431H.
- Dissemination of the vision, mission and values.
"Regional leadership with a global reputation in the fields of applied medical sciences"
"To contribute in the promotion of the health services for the Saudi community through producing qualified professionals with the ability to compete internationally in applied medical professions, to provide an environment that encourages learning and creativity, and to produce scientific research that contributes in building a knowledge society".
· Quality and excellence: CAMS measures the overall performance through the application of high-level standards in teaching, learning and innovation.
· Leadership and teamwork: CAMS is committed to strengthen the leadership roles on individual and institutional levels, and combine action to achieve its mission and objectives.
· Freedom of inquiry: CAMS is committed to encourage intellectual exploration and consolidation of rigorous academic tradition in all aspects of scientific and educational activities.
· Fairness and integrity: CAMS is committed to the principles of social justice and equal opportunity, honesty, respect and professional ethics.
· Transparency and accountability: CAMS is committed to document all procedures, and offer ideas to the community to measure the extent of its contributions to global knowledge.
· Lifelong learning: CAMS is committed to support continuous learning, to promote intellectual and professional growth, and the well-being of community development.
1. Provide excellent academic programs according to quality standards and academic accreditation.
2. Prepare health care professionals with high conceptual, professional, leadership, and research skills.
3. Provide the academic and administrative environment that encourages learning, productivity, and creativity.
4. Support for performing and publishing applied medical research that contributes to technological and medical advances.
5. Effectively contribute in community services and development.
6. Establish effective partnerships with distinctive, educational organizations and research centers locally and abroad.
Objective 1: Provide excellent academic programs according to quality standards and academic accreditation.
- Initiative 1-1: National and international accreditation of CAMS academic programs.
- Initiative 1-2: Attracting and developing the capacity of distinguished faculty and specialists.
- Initiative 1-3: Providing distinctive programs at the bachelor level.
- Initiative 1-4: Providing distinctive programs at the graduate level.
- Initiative 1-5: Activation of E-learning and distance learning systems.
Objective 2: Prepare health care professionals with high conceptual, professional, leadership and research skills.
- Initiative 2-1: Enable students to enhance their professional performance.
- Initiative 2-2: Improve the basic research skills of students.
Objective 3: Provide the academic and administrative environment that encourages learning, productivity, and creativity.
- Initiative 3-1: Increasing the effectiveness of the administrative system.
- Initiative 3-2: Providing a safe working environment.
- Initiative 3-3: Increasing the effectiveness of extra-curricular activities.
- Initiative 3-4: Strengthening the capacity of the Quality and Academic Accreditation Unit.
Objective 4: Support performing and publishing applied medical research that contributes to technological and medical advances.
- Initiative 4-1: Providing an excellent research environment.
- Initiative 4-2: Support scientific publication.
Objective 5: Effectively contribute in community services and development.
- Initiative 5-1: Strengthening the role of the college in community studies, consultations, education, and training and awareness.
- Initiative 5-2: Strengthening the role of the college in alumni service.
- Initiative 5-3: Establishment of outpatient clinics.
Objective 6: Establish effective partnerships with distinctive educational organizations and research centers locally and abroad.
- Initiative 6-1: Strengthening the capacity of the college in teaching and research through the establishment of local, regional and international partnerships.
- Initiative 6-2: Encourage the production of applied research projects in partnership with the beneficiaries.