Over recent years the health care systems have witnessed an increase in the utilization of sophisticated equipment, both in diagnosis and therapy of diseases. Many disorders of body functions can be detected by direct or indirect testing of the body and the application of such complex technology needs the skills of highly-qualified personnel in the following areas:
- Biological Sciences
- Application of Computer Techniques in the medical fields.
- Mechanical and Electrical skills
- Biomedical Electronics
- Other Allied Areas.
The Biomedical Instrumentation Program includes general engineering principles, biomedical electronics and applications to operate, repair and maintain different biomedical equipment. The different courses offered in the department include the practical applications and the clinical practice in hospitals that further increases the qualifications of graduates as a result of the daily interaction with the hospital personnel on a professional basis.
The graduate of the program can work in the following fields:
- Modifying and designing biomedical equipment according to the needs of the work.
- Instruction for the proper and safe use of equipment in the best and most efficient way.
- Maintaining, calibrating and operating the different biomedical equipment.